12.06.2010

29th Birthday

Friday was my 29th Birthday and it was an AWESOME day! I didn't get to sleep in or anything grand like that. In fact... the kids woke up extra early and poor Will had a horrible COUGH that just kept going and going... the poor little guy coughed so hard he'd throw up, in fact right on top of Caitlin's perfectly folded favorite pj's she'd just taken off. both of their faces were hilarious at that moment. So, within minutes of starting my birthday... i thought... "awesome, today is going to be reeeeeeeal fun."

After getting Caitlin off to school, things settled down a little, and I turned on the computer and checked my email... (and talk about turning my day around...) i had message after message ...from Facebook and personal emails, and then phone calls from loved ones!! I'm usually not a terribly emotional person, but i just couldn't help it, i was crying like a baby... I was definitely feeling the love from everyone... and the rest of my day ROCKED! and the messages kept on coming! Thank you to everyone who made me smile!! and taking the time to wish me a happy day... I have the BEST family and friends in the world!
Me as a 29 year old:

So, What did i do for my birthday?? I sang at a wedding and it was an awesome experience!!! A month ago my neighbor called me saying that their daughter was getting married and they had heard me sing at church and wondered if I'd be interested in being their wedding vocalist... they even payed me!!! I would have done it for free, but they insisted!!

Besides singing at my own wedding for my sweetie-pie Justin, (which is the SINGLE MOST AMAZING VOCAL PERFORMANCE of my life!!! Not because of how it sounded... but because WHO i was singing too! Love him!) This is the second time I've been a wedding vocalist! My homeroom teacher from high school got married the year after I graduated high school... and she called me while I was at Southern Virginia University and asked if I would to sing at her wedding!! I was honored, out of all of her students, she (remembered and) picked ME to sing on her special day!!

I can't help it, I'm MOST happy when I'm singing, and this time around... What a fun birthday present for me to get to sing, and in a BEAUTIFUL church, with all the Christmas decorations!! It was just perfect!

St. Johns Church of Christ, Richmond, Virginia

And JUST when I thought the night couldn't get ANY BETTER??? Our totally awesome and AMAZING friends Bee and J came over to play with our kids while we headed to a romantic and DELICIOUS dinner at Maggiano's 'Little Italy'... Thanks for playing Olive Garden, but i think we've found a NEW favorite!!! YUM! We also stopped by the wedding reception!! Such a fun evening! Me and my handsome date!!
We rented Eat, Pray, Love. It was a perfect day!

3 comments:

Justin said...

What a fun date we had! I feel so lucky... what an awesome wife I have! :)

J, E, M & I said...

Panda... You look great! I'm so glad you enjoyed your 29th b-day. I love you!

J n Bee said...

man! you two are such a good looking couple!
glad you had an awesome day!