My sister, Emily(10) and I were enjoying a summer afternoon in the back yard... when Emily got this brilliant idea that she was going to give me a new look! We DID ask permission first... but granted... mom was taking a nap on the couch... and was seriously out of it. I'm SURE she didn't understand a word we were saying when we asked her if Emily could cut my hair... and remembering her reaction... I'm POSITIVE she didn't hear us! She cried... Just like I did... when I found that Caitlin had the same bright idea as her Auntie!

OK.... I know it's really not that bad... it could have been SOOOO much worse! I Know... I've been to Wal-Mart, I've seen it! I'm just glad I found her before she could really get creative...
I was just thinking the other day, how beautiful her hair was, and how much I LOVE it long. She is a lot like me, and didn't get her hair (really) until about 2... and then it was just wispy-crazy-scientist-hair that would not yield to any brush or spray... actually... it looked a lot like a scared cat!
I really don't know what came over me... I mean I cried... No, I sobbed for a good 30 minutes. It must have been all the pent up feelings from when she was a baby... when people used to tell me what a cute little boy she was! (Come on people, She's wearing PINK!) And when I saw all that blond hair on the ground... oh, it must be... yup, I'll blame it on the pregnancy hormones. I mean, it's just hair, right? (sigh) It's going to grow back!
So, When Justin got home we went to get Caitlin's hair fixed. We decided to take her to Cookie Cutters, an over priced kids salon, but it was worth the $13.95 because there was no crying, she got to watch TV and sit on a sweet motorcycle and she got a balloon and a cookie cutter and sucker when it was all done. (Yeah... reward your child for cutting their own hair... oh well.)
I really don't know what came over me... I mean I cried... No, I sobbed for a good 30 minutes. It must have been all the pent up feelings from when she was a baby... when people used to tell me what a cute little boy she was! (Come on people, She's wearing PINK!) And when I saw all that blond hair on the ground... oh, it must be... yup, I'll blame it on the pregnancy hormones. I mean, it's just hair, right? (sigh) It's going to grow back!
So, When Justin got home we went to get Caitlin's hair fixed. We decided to take her to Cookie Cutters, an over priced kids salon, but it was worth the $13.95 because there was no crying, she got to watch TV and sit on a sweet motorcycle and she got a balloon and a cookie cutter and sucker when it was all done. (Yeah... reward your child for cutting their own hair... oh well.)
Harley chick...
C-bug with her new do...
Then we took the kids to Wendy's for dinner... it was a fun little family night out on the town...
I am pleased with how her hair turned out, and she's still the same spunky and crazy Caitlin!
9 comments:
Her hair cut is really cute! I remember cutting your hair ...it was right before family pictures too!
Can't wait to see you!
her new hair cute is SO cute! she looks so stylish! i totally know what you mean about people calling your little girl a boy. i could have brilynn in a pink frilly dress with a bow in her hair and they would still call her a boy! no lie! ha ha. it is hair though, and i promise it will grow back, but for the meantime she looks way CUTE!
Awww, she's so cute. But I would have cried too about the hair.
My little sister cut her darling curls off, right to her scalp. She was so frightened by my mom's reaction that she wore a hat, beanie or cap for months to hide her hair.
Her hair is absolutely precious. I love the big little girl look.
I think it's a culture thing. Hispanics cut little baby's hair all the time. Even as tiny babies, we'll buzz it off. It grows back thicker and fuller (kinda like our shaved legs,eek).
But truly, I'm sure she loved her experience and again her haircut is precious. And what better way than to end the day w/Wendys. Hmmm, spicy chix sandwich...yummo!
She is still as cute as ever! I want to go to that salon. It looks like a party!!!
ahh, the inevitable "I want to be a beauty shop lady" moment in a girls life. I cried too, both times (when Maddie did it, and again with Livvy). But her hair is darling, I love the sweep bang.
Oh I love little bobs on little girls- I think it looks darling (though I think I would have cried too). I hope you have fun at the wedding!
Ok so this is what you were talking about the other day. We were all so busy with the wedding I didn't get a chance to ask you more about what you and Em were talking about. Little C is adorable. I guess you are pretty lucky she didn't take a huge chunk up on top. Oh that would have been bad.
Thanks again for all you did and sacrificed to be with us for B's wedding. I miss you already. Lots of love.
She is still adorable! I cut my hair too as a child, my bangs right down to the scalp. I know one day, I too, will face this and probably cry my heart out too.
Post a Comment