He's doing much better now (2 hours later-) after meds and a cold rag, unlimited and unhealthy amounts of M & M's and Cheetos, Thomas and Friends and then Buzz and Woody marathon snuggled up on the couch with a fluffy purple blanket. At this point, I'm ruling out the broken part, he's pretty much back to normal, but when he talks he sounds like he's plugging his nose and it's starting to get black and blue... ouch. We'll see how the next few days go...but he's going to have a new look after this, i can tell.
Later on in life when he complains about his nose, I'll remember this moment and say...remember when Daddy told you and Caitlin to settle down... and then bam... you ran right into that wall? Oh, these moments are the ones you wish you could take back... change... esp. as a parent, it's sad to see them like that...It seems like everyone has a 'nose' story. Justin gave a girlfriend of his a bloody nose once when he went to put his arm around her, her whole family being in the car with them, and BAM, with his elbow... ha.
I had an unfortunate run-in with a snow shovel when i was 13... my nose has never been the same since (remember that Chrissy?).
But poor Will...What is it about 4 year-old boys?? It's like they have huge magnets in their heads that just draws them to hard objects. Just last Saturday, (Moving day)...he decided to be a little adventurous and take a ride down our new drive way on his three wheeler! Only, our new drive way is known as 'the sledding hill' in the neighborhood! it did not go so well... goose egg city! (There's a reason why we call him Willy Bonka!) Love the kid...
So, I'm home and he's resting, Brinley is scooting around the room (Justin and Caitlin are at church) and I thought i'd take advantage and catch up on Z-blog, because I'm sUper behind... and so many fun things have happened!
Let's begin...
Wednesday before Easter, I met my Sisters Amy and Shelly at IKEA in DC... we had a fun afternoon having lunch, shopping and the three older kids enjoyed an hour at the play land!! Amy took Caitlin and Will for a few days so Justin and I could get a few things done at the new house!!
Will, Caitlin, and Enoch
After a long drive home from DC, Justin and I were able to load up "Mater and Lightning McQueen" (Caitlin and Will named our Pilot and Camry, how cute is that?!) over and over and move a majority of our smaller things. We got alot done over the next few days! Thanks Amy for taking the kids... i konw they had A LOT more fun playing with cousins and Grammy and Papa than with their mom and dad!!
6 comments:
uh oh... Catilin has "Beiver" Feaver???? I laughed out loud - by myself - when I read that. What have I done?
It was so much fun to have you all here!
Love this post! These pictures are so cute. Sorry to hear about Will's nose. Hope things heal nicely. I don't remember the story of your nose and the snow shovel. Too funny. Oh and glad to know Justin is a lot more graceful now. Ouch that must have really hurt getting bonked in the nose.
I absolutely remember the snow shovel incident! Poor Wilbur! I'm SO excited for your new home, I can't wait to see all the photos! Oh, and happy engagement anniversary!
great nickname for will. you all look like you are doing well. from your easter picture i wanted to make sure you have not really moved to WEST virginia.
great nickname for will. you all look like you are doing well. from your easter picture i wanted to make sure you have not really moved to WEST virginia.
Post a Comment