11.06.2010

Daddy's Turn!

While Mommy went for a 10 MILE training run this morning, Daddy got to hang out with the kiddos.  Amanda is my hero in so many ways, and I mean it sincerely when I say I want to be more like her.  She truly does inspire me!  Anyway, she has figured out this cool way to make legit "shaped" pancakes (see the original Pancake Artist post here), so I couldn't help it this morning but hollar out:
"Who wants pancakes?"

Caitlin wanted a bear... because she's been missing the bear she left at the neighbors' house last night:

You can tell that hers was the first because the griddle wasn't evenly heated yet...  :)

When I asked Caitlin what I should make for Brinley, she said, "a cat!"  (Big surprise.)  With Halloween recently passed, this was the fruition of my feline creativity:

That poor kitty suffered some damage when attempting to be flipped by Mr. Spatula...  "our pets HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!"  (Name that movie...)

For Will?  The immediate reply: "Thomas!!"  That was a HUGE surprise.  "Okay, buddy.  I'll do what I can!"


This next one is supposed to be a cat's face--ears, whiskers...  but it came out too smooth, so it kinda looks more like a 4-legged bug or a frog or something...


And another one for Wilbur.  He's the star of the hit Disney/Pixar film Cars, it's Daddy's attempt at Lightning McQueen:

Who ate the MOST pancakes this morning? Brinley!!  So to help keep her satisfied (I think she ate a total of FIVE), she got some basic shapes...


Saturday morning is officially my favorite now.  :)  I always enjoyed it, but this was truly FUN!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Justin, I think you've missed your calling in life. You are the best pancake artist I've ever known!

What a fun breakfast!

Justin said...

Haha. Thanks, Lauren! Hmmm... maybe there could be a career change on the horizon for me. :)

Austin said...

You've inspired me to make some funny face pancakes now.

I was way impressed at the Thomas one. And the cat face, I thought that was a frog at first too!

Kristen and Bill said...

1. Amanda! HOly Cow...10 MILES!! You are my hero! 5 days!!

2. Justin, you are my pancake-making hero! Maybe you can give Bill some lessons! :)

We love you guys!

J, E, M & I said...

Nice job... Both of you! :)

J, E, M & I said...

Nice job... Both of you! :)