10.24.2008

TAG: 7 Random Facts about ME!!

Sorry these are kind of lengthy... but I love to tell stories... I just wish I had pictures to go with all of them! Enjoy my randomness...

1. I was born and lived in CA till I was about 11 years old. One day when I was about 4 or 5... I was outside riding my 'trike' in the front yard with my family, and just so happened... that Dennis DeYoung (from the Styx-80's band) was filming a music video for his song called Desert Moon(click here to watch music video). Anyway, Mr. DeYoung had a son around my age... and i invited him to come into my back yard to play in the sand box... when all of a sudden Mr. DeYoung freaks out, because his son was "missing"... Everyone pointed him in our direction... and that's when he saw me... and insisted that i be a part of his music video! My parents had to sign oodles of paper work... and then i 'got to work', (what's hard about being cute? Ha...) Anyway, they were so excited... a STAR in the family! but to their dismay... when the video was released... turned out that I was 'cut' out of the video... (if you happen to watch the video, 'my scene' would have been at the 'party' either in the back yard with all the drinking happy people... or on the front porch... i can't remember that far back... but i do remember all the big screens and lights they had up all around the house... and... I think there was pizza!

2. I clean and organize the house when I'm frustrated or mad! (Justin just said... so does that mean you are happy when the house is messy? Funny, Just!)

3. I once got a bloody nose in the line at the super market... and they had to lay me down on the conveyor belt to get it to stop bleeding... my mom says that I was picking my nose... (but I would never actually tell you that... out of pure embarrassment, of course!) This would have been after the music video filming... I was probably just trying to get attention! :)

4. I LOVE movies, esp. GOING to the movies... movie theatre buttered popcorn... candy... cute date named Justin... Whoa, absolutely one of my favorite things! I also enjoy pre-views (and movie trailers), the ones that are so good they make you forget what movie you actually paid to see... and then it's like a surprise when the movies starts... haha! Sometimes for fun I'll go on http://www.moviefone.com/ and watch trailers... Justin and I did this for an hour once... it was awesome!

5. When I was a senior in high school I was voted by my fellow class mates to participate as one of 12 girls in the longest on going 4th of July celebration on the east cost!!! The Queen of Candles Court! This was a lot of fun, and totally unexpected!!! I got to ride in a parade on top of a fancy sports car (while walking in front of us,) a boy scout carried a sign with my name printed on it! (how cool is that!?) I had my picture in the news paper along with fun facts, services, interests, and place of worship... etc! Then on the night of the 4th, I was escorted by my father on to a beautiful stage, wearing a festive red gown holding a gorgeous flowers with an unlit candle in the center. They gave a 'Miss America' intro about me and each of the other 12 girls. Then they announced the winner, and then the winner from the year before lights the candle of this years winner (who has moved to the center of the stage!) The winner then lights the candles of the girls to her right and left ... and the flame is passed down so that each girl receives the light, then the last girl (that was me, because I'm the shortest!) lights the torch that a boy scout holds... then those two proceed to light thousands and thousands of candles that are set up over a spring that runs through the park... It was an amazing thing to be part of... and so beautiful... this is followed by a GREAT fire work show!

6. The summer after my first year of college, I worked in a Microbiology Lab at Johnson and Johnson in Lancaster Pa. I made media (for pee tree dishes and test tubes etc...) and I also cleaned and 'cooked' the tested things... It was a sweet job... (actually the micro lab stank... but I got used to by the end of the summer!) I started work at 7 am and was finished by 2:30!! Sometimes I'd get there... and have nothing to do... I fell asleep once and woke up at like 8 or 8:30 when the microbiologists came into work. haha... yeah, i drooled on the counter...
7. New obsession: Quilting... (and fabrics...) it's like... when I have a bad day, I want to drop everything and head to Joann's and look at fabrics... and quilting tools and books... (what a 'grandma' dork I've become!) but I've decided that I don't care... I'm learning a fun (yet expensive) Hobey that connects me to my ancestors! In a way, I find it therapeutic and relaxing!


Now TAG 7 Friends: Rachel, Amy A, Amy G, Panda, Lindsey, Emily, Chrissy!! and because he's so Random to begin with... Kevin, your my bonus tag! READY GO!

4 comments:

pinkmorning said...

i loved reading more about you. number one was your intro to acting? that is pretty cool. one thing i remember about you is the day i met you, you were wearing these sweet overalls with flower patches sewn on them that were your mom's overalls in college. i thought (and still think) that was so cool.

Ma Heather and Pa Craig said...

Pretty fun and interesting to read about you. I love quilting as well. I have boxes of fabrics that I know I'll use one day, but until then I need to buy my own sewing machine.

Ma Heather and Pa Craig said...

Pretty fun and interesting to read about you. I love quilting as well. I have boxes of fabrics that I know I'll use one day, but until then I need to buy my own sewing machine.

Rachey-Foo said...

just got home and of course i am blogging!! i missed you guys! LOL
i'll get to this TAG once i finish our hawaii blogs.

loved reading your 7 things. and you are a great story teller. :)

see you soon!!