11.24.2008

Weekend Update!

OK, so weekends are way to busy to blog anything, so here's a fun recap of how it all went down! :)

Blanket-Restoration!
Caitlin's 'KeKe' was in serious need of some tender love'n care... the original silky fabric was completely shredded, umm "Loved"... so we took it off, and went to the fabric store (umm... like three weeks ago... and Caitlin's been lugging around two pieces of fabric since then. Yeah... Bad Mom Award, I know... but not anymore...

I don't have a picture of the finished product... but you get the idea... those two pieces are now together... to make one snugglie ball of blankie goodness! Love it!

Bathroom- Renovation!
Whoopy! I no longer have a PINK bathroom... Justin's been working so hard to scrape off the O-So-Dated plastic tiles... it's made a WORLD of a difference. It's almost ready to paint. (before and after pictures coming soon!!! :) here's a glimpse of what it used to look like... jealous?



Opening Night of Twilight!
Hehehee. This was a lot of fun! Some girlfriends and I went to see the 12:30 am showing of Twilight! I had the best night, didn't get to bed till after 4.... Ahh, but it was worth it!
The night started out with dinner at California Pizza Kitchen! Yeah! Then we hung out for 2 hours and played Twilight Trivia games and ate goodies, like chocolate covered strawberries (yum!) AND we made Twilight buttons! What a BLAST! Here's a picture of Me and Lindsey with our buttons... (Lindsey, I'm so glad you were able to come with me!! I had a lot of fun with you!!)
Wow. That's an orange wall!
Twilight. Oooo, Say it again! TWILIGHT!!!
Here is Lindsey right before the show started!!! AHHHHHHHH!!
Me buddy Rachel and me... "Start the movie already!!!!"
The movie was AMAZING! I loved every minute. The actors were PERFECT! Every single one!! Bella, Edward... Esme, Charlile :), Emmett, Rosalie, Alice, Mike (HA!) Jacob, Charlie, I even loved Jasper... he was hilarious! Everyone was awesome.
I've decided that the Utah fan base is AWESOME! My Favorite part was hearing the reaction from the audience, when the movie started and whenever a new character would appear for the first time, everyone would scream and applaud. It was SO MUCH FUN!
I did find myself wishing that it would have been longer, or that they would have a few more of my favorite scenes from the book...but it was already 2 hours long... but it went SO fast...
I'm so glad it did well opening weekend, $70+ Million... and I'm so beyond EXCITED that they are going ahead with NEW MOON!!! AHHHHH!
WHAT A FUN NIGHT! I can't wait to see it again... I'm going to take Justin to go see it... and yes, he actually wants to see it! :)
Big Boy Bed!
Will, my part monkey child, climbed out of his crib on Thursday... That's a strange moment for a parent. All of a sudden you hear little foot steps and then you look up to see your child standing right in front of you with a HUGE smile on his face... like "TA-DAaaa!" Now I'm thinking... "Wait, didn't i just put you in your bed? Or am I loosing my mind?"
Yeah, So down came the gate. Will Loves his 'new' bed... and the freedoms that come with it! Also, say goodbye to nap time... :(
Chew Chew, Ya Bubble Gum!
Oh, me of little patience... Caitlin has a new hair do because she got gum stuck in her hair this weekend. I've been trying to grow those silly bangs out because they are always in her face... gur, now we'll have to wait even longer. (PS. we only had to cut her bangs, they were past her chin... the rest of her hair is tied back in this picture!)

7 comments:

Cherry Blossoms said...

Panda,
So glad you loved the Twilight movie too. Rob and I really enjoyed it...(well I did, he thought it was a bit girlie). Glad to hear you all are well! Miss you and Love you!

Amy said...

Bad mom? how 'bout tired, growing a baby, keeping up with a toddler and a pre-schooler mom? Your amazing Amanda - AMAZING. Look at all you acomplished in just a weekend.

Lisa said...

Glad you enjoyed the movie! I was not such a big fan of it but then the movies are never as good as the book. I'm sure I will still see the next one though!

Amy said...

That was one fun filled weekend. I can't believe Will is such a big boy now.

Alan and Kiersten said...

i have heard from people in kansas, washington, utah, idaho, texas and everyone says that the whole audience screamed at those same moments during twilight...so funny. i haven't seen it yet, but i'm glad you liked it and had so much fun!

Lindsey Jayne said...

wow, cute jacket Caitlin. So fashionable...

And I'm still dreaming about Edward at night. I'm starting to have fantasies... It's unhealthy. And everything time I hear the MUSE song that plays when they are playing their baseball game, my heart beats to to the beat of the music. It's intoxicating... Ah!

heart!

Ma Heather and Pa Craig said...

We have a pink bathroom too! After we take down the tile watch it come back in style... um, maybe not. Have fun. You'll need to show pics of the new bathroom.