11.05.2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside...

Yee-Hawww!
Yea the rain turned to SNOW! OH, I couldn't keep the kids out of the snow today, they were SO excited!! We missed the first official snow when we were in PA... so this was fun to watch them play in the snow... here are a few pictures of the 15 minutes of fun!
Note to self: Self, buy Will a ski jacket and some snow boots...
Cheese
He was happy to be out there...
he just smiles for 1/2 a milla second and I can never catch it
This is a cute pic of the two,
as you can see, Will has Caitlin's Crocks on...
I guess he thinks since Caitlin's snow boots are pink...
he needs to wear pink shoes...
Pink does not keep you warm...silly boy.

I love this pointy hat...
Pepper and Caitlin
catching snow flakes on her nose!

this was Will's 'can we go in now' face...
Caitlin was SO proud that she could balance
this snow ball on her head. Funny girl!
C-Bug and Mommy
Must be the Nordic blood... because i could not get Caitlin to come inside out of the snow, even though her fingers were about to fall off... So i told her she could bring the snow inside and put it in a bowl. THIS was cool, she thought. she sat down at the table and said ... "Spoon Please!" and sat and ate ALL of her snow.
That reminds me, when I was little (13 ish), my friend Erin and I made a fun treat out of fresh clean snow from one of the blizzards that canceled school for almost a week!! We played Donkey Kong for 4 days straight with our other buddies, Chrissy and Courtney... good times!
Here's the recipe in case you get snowed in and have run out of your other food... or you just want to try it. Kids LOVE IT!
PS. When collecting your snow...beware of yellow snow. Do not eat, it's NOT lemon flavored!
Also, i don't think you need to use the whole can of milk... save some for later.
"Yummy Snow"
Large Bowl of FRESH (clean) snow
Can sweetened condensed milk
Vanilla flavoring

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe all the snow!! It was still 80 degrees here up until a few days ago!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I love the pic of Caitlin catching snowflakes on her nose!

laura s. said...

loving the pointy hat!!

and boy do I want to squeeze those pink cheeks in the last pic...

and what the heck!... barely a snowflake out our way so thanks for sharing the fun!

Danielle Hacking said...

That looks like so much fun! It was such a cold snowy day! Your kids are adorable, miss you guys!

J, E, M & I said...

Cute pics! I love eating snow too...white snow that is!! :)

Alan and Kiersten said...

oh my word! i LOVE their little hats! they are awesome! how fun! your kids are so adorable, i'm glad you're having another one! :)

Alan and Kiersten said...

oh my word! i LOVE their little hats! they are awesome! how fun! your kids are so adorable, i'm glad you're having another one! :)

Rachey-Foo said...

wowsers! you guys got a ton of snow. we didn't have enough to play in like that! how fun!!! love all the pics. the kids are so cute. :)

twilight is only days away!! woo-hoo! i am trying to make hoodies for it. you interested? holler at me if so.

yay!

Ashley C. said...

what cute pics. i just read on here that you are pregnant with your third. congrats! hope you are feeling better. that is such fun news. :)