9.20.2010

Skool Newz.

The first week of school, Caitlin learned all about School Safety, They made this the day they talked about Bus Safety...
2nd week of school they talked about Nursery Rhymes! Caitlin can resight "Humpty Dumpty", "Little Miss Muffet" and "Hickory Dickory Dock" So cute!

Also, Mom and Dad are getting an education as well! Have you ever learned the history behind Humpty Dumpty?

Zelo.com:
From the East Anglia Tourist Board in England:

"Humpty Dumpty was a powerful cannon during the English Civil War (1642-49).
It was mounted on top of the St Mary's at the Wall Church in Colchester defending the city against siege in the summer of 1648. (Although Colchester was a Parliamentarian stronghold, it had been captured by the Royalists and they held it for 11 weeks.) The church tower was hit by the enemy and the top of the tower was blown off, sending "Humpty" tumbling to the ground. Naturally the King's men* tried to mend him but in vain."
* NB: The "men" would have been infantry, and "horses" the cavalry troops.

SO COOL! Here's Caitlin's Humpty! (a few weeks ago, I taught her how to draw flowers... so, it totally made me SMILE to see Humpty's hat!)

This week Caitlin's class will be talking about their families! Caitlin's teacher puts together a photo album of her kids each year and then keeps it in the reading center. She said the kids LOVE looking at the pictures of themselves and of their class mates!! It's also a fun way for her to remember all her students as the years go by! Below, is what Caitlin's (front and back) pages look like.

2 comments:

J, E, M & I said...

That is good that you take pictures of Caitlin's art work... I have a hard time with pitching all of Micah's work... but I can take a picture of it and save it that way... Great idea!

J, E, M & I said...

That is good that you take pictures of Caitlin's art work... I have a hard time with pitching all of Micah's work... but I can take a picture of it and save it that way... Great idea!