I made this back in early February for my niece Ada, she was turning 1 and I wanted to do something special for her. I used the "Three Faces of Steve" pattern from the Denyse Schmidt, 30 colorful quilt and patchwork projects book. I was so excited when I found this cute cupcake fabric... I ran home and whipped up this little guy almost faster than you can make actual cupcakes!
Because I made this for a one year old, I decided to stay away from the button eyes... I used felt (I think it's called, or flannel?... you get it at craft stores in 8x10 sheets... anyway, it worked really well) and I was really pleased with how the face turned out...
I branded him with a cupcake patch on the bum... (Look I even remembered the tail! Inside joke: I forgot to put a tail on Green Steve, for my Bro. who later said, "I like that you forgot the tail, it reminds me of you..." not sure really want that means... but I thought it was cute. )
Cupcake Steve has a spunky personality that just makes everyone want to hang out with him! Here's Caitlin enjoying a little Steve time...
Will shared his cheese crackers at snack time...
Bag for Heather:My Cuz Heather sent me this fabric and I made her this bag. Many of you have asked what patter I've used....Amy Butler's The Swing Bag... it's a good bag for beginners. I am IN LOVE with the fabric combo she picked out... Nice!
Bag for Anna:My sisters friend Anna stalks me... haha, no, no I'm just kidding. She just knows a good blog when she sees one (and I'm flattered) Anyway, She also sent me this fabric in the mail (all the way from PA!) and I really enjoyed making this one too! Cute, Cute, Cute colors together.
reverse side...



6 comments:
stalking? no not me. I just enjoy your blog. Blame it on amy (she has your link) :)
Thank you so much for making that for me. I can't wait until next time I see Amy! YEAH!
I love my bag so much! It's really come in handy since I can't carry my purse anymore (upper back & neck muscles were stressed and spasm-ing )!!
Thanks again so much for making it for me! My mom saw it and wants one of her own now too!
Super Cute projects! I love the cupcake bum on Cupcake Steve.
Oh my GOSH!!! When we have kids, I want (NEED!!) a cupcake Steve! He is SO cute! You're so talented!
I love cupcakes Steve...I saw him/her at Mom's the other day...You are so fun!
Cupcake Steve is still one of our favorite snugglers. We love him! Thanks again for your handcrafted love.
Anna's bag looks even better in person {smiley face}. It will be so fun to see her reaction when she gets it. You are so talented.
Post a Comment