9.09.2008

Matching Gifts for Brandon and Shelly!

For Brandon: Green wool cat named Steve, sporting a sweet Ghetto tie! I made the tie from my own pattern, and Justin helped me tie it...but the actual cat pattern can be found in this book: Denyse Schmidt Quilts- 30 colorful quilts and patchwork projects. Thanks Yung for letting me borrow your book!!



For Shelly: Sweet pink and delicate cat also named Steve! (The pattern is called Three Faces of Steve...but I guess since it's a girl, we can call her Stevie!)
Shelly lucked out...this cat actually has a tail! I was so excited to get Green Steve off to Brandon, a month ago... that I finished it up and ran to the post office... the next night I was in my craft room... cleaning and organizing. I happened to look across the room ... and see a "long-green tube-ie-thing" sitting on the ironing board. I walk over, pick it up... and think... "What is this? Steve had all arms and legs...OH! NO! THE TAIL!!!"
Then I laughed... Green Steve is totally tail-less... Brandon laughed, too, when I told him. Guess the cat was so funny looking to begin with he didn't notice that it didn't have his tail... haha!
So Friday night, I finished Pink Steve... and the post office didn't open till 10 am on Saturday... So, Caitlin took the Kitty with us on a little field trip to the Street Fair... a few people asked Caitlin which booth she got her kitty from... that put a smile on my face!
....and no post would be complete without one of these Steves doing something totally crazy...here's a picture of Green Steve taking a cruse on Will's 4-wheeler! ROCK ON, Steve!

10 comments:

Rachey-Foo said...

fun! i don't know how to sew and it kills me everytime i see cute crafty things that i could make if i just had taken that silly class in high school when the rest of my girlfriends were taking it.
ughh. sorry to vent. LOL

i love the kitties. they are uber cool. :)

Amy said...

Green Steve looks like he is having the time of his life. He has a wild side for sure. Well... he's got to... being tailLESS could really break a cat down. I'm glad he can stay positive.

Pink Steve is adorable! I think its appropriate that Caitlin took her on a little trip. Some how Pink Steve seems like a real people-cat. She likes to get out and shoot the breeze. That is a blessing because Shelly can be a bit shy at times.

Candice J said...

You are sooo talented!! I want to be able to make stuff like that.

I perform in the Monday, Wednesday, Friday cast and I do the 12:30 matinees on Saturday. I'm excited you're coming!! You know Kelly DeHaan who is the music director. I'll have to look over the cast list and see who else you might know.

J, E, M & I said...

You make us all smile...Panda! I saw Green Steve at Mom's house the other day and thought to myself..."that looks like something Panda made." Ha! Now I know where the cute Green Cat came from. That was really nice of you to make one for B & Shelly. Such a cute couple should have a cute cat couple too. ;)

Kitty said...

Amanda,
Steve and Stevie are super cute. I would have been asking Caitlin what booth she found her kitty from for sure. You ROCK.
hugs,
kat

Lindsey Jayne said...

Haha, you always have the most creative posts. Way to go, Steve!

Lindsey Jayne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kevin said...

Steve scares me

Amy said...

Just curious (hint), what would one have to do (hint) to get cousin Steve (hint) to come live at our house? (hint...hint) If in fact cousin Steve existed (hint) what color would he be?

Are you pickin' up what I'm layin' down? I heart you too:)

Justin said...

You got talent, honey...