I took the kids to the Hogle Zoo and on Friday... it was such a beautiful day for it too! There were a lot of people there, so I was lucky I got there at 9:40 and got a good parking spot. It was nice that there wasn't a lot of pressure see everything that day... you know... to get our money's worth... we'll go a lot more this summer I'm sure, (Daddy got us a season pass!!)
This is a really cool ball fountain, that is right at the entrance... the kids could stay here all day long... and we almost did. You know Caitlin and water...
American Family Insurance, had a doggy that Caitlin just fell in love with... i was really surprised she gave it a hug... Will, decided he was a little too manly for hugs...

This was the high light of our trip, and Caitlin is still talking about it... (she even had a nightmare about this crocodile last night...) but she's funny, she loves it even though it scares her... First time though... He was a sleep under the water... then second time... all of a sudden He came up out of the water... like it was going to eat us...
Ahh, the Monkeys! Oh and a real monkey in the back ground there...
I didn’t take a stroller, i knew it would only get in the way. I really had to watch Will because he kept running off when Caitlin was 'making friends' with all the animals. It was a bit challenging... and my arms are killing me by the time we left. Will's not the best about holding hands when he wants to run off in the other direction... etc... but there was no way he was going to sit in a stroller...In this picture (above) Will was about to go go rade someones stroller for snacks while all the moms and kids were busy looking at the monkeys! What funny kid he actually grabbed a bag of fish crackers and headed off into a corner to open and eat them... ahh!

Before we left, we had a picnic on the wall just outside the Giraffe house... Poor Caitlin didn't want to leave and it was just the end of the world. She wanted to stay... "and sleep with the animals and take care of the Rhinos..." All I said was, "we'll come back next week... and I'm sure they will not forget you..." She cried all the way home!
This is funny...
So, on our way home I was at the intersection of 21st South and 21st East... And I saw this little gray fuzzy shag of a dog... just strolling up the sidewalk and then weaving it's self in and out of traffic... I thought...
'Oh no... He’s going to get hit...' So, I pulled over and approached him... he was so happy to see me... (Yeah, he was also SO smelly... and no identification...)
So I picked him up... put him on the floor of the passenger side of the car... (he was really good, calm and happy...)
Oh, boy... Caitlin and Will's faces lit up with joy... they were so happy! A new puppy to have and enjoy! (Yeah, this dog would need a serious bath... for me to even consider keeping him... Caitlin must not have a good sense of smell... because she just loved this dog. Eek.)
We got home... and I left 'Fuzzy' in the garage and called Justin... asked him what I should do... he went on the Internet... and read 'what you should do if you find a stray' (Internet is great!) He told me that keeping a stray is like 'steeling' (I didn't know that. But if no one claims him... you can adopt him later, if you want...)
We got home... and I left 'Fuzzy' in the garage and called Justin... asked him what I should do... he went on the Internet... and read 'what you should do if you find a stray' (Internet is great!) He told me that keeping a stray is like 'steeling' (I didn't know that. But if no one claims him... you can adopt him later, if you want...)
So, he told me I did everything right... but the next step was to call Animal Control with in 24 hours, so I did and they came and got him. (Bye, bye Fuzzy!)
So, after all that adventure... I was so beat... I had to take a nap... ahh. What a day!!





4 comments:
A day full of great adventures. So fun. So do you get the dog if non one comes to pick it up?
ahh, normally, if nobody clames the dog... we could have the option of adopting him... so we'd have to pay like $75 dollars... or whatever the fee is... but oddly they didn't even ask us if we did want him... (and i think two kids and one dog is enough for me to take care of...) he was really sweet though...
You thief!
Kevin
What a fun packed day!! You are such a great person to save the dog from being hit. Not everyone would have done that...you took the time to keep him safe. You Rock!
The kids are getting so big!! I think I got Caitlin those shorts she was wearing??? Am I right? I'm glad she can now wear them!!! We love you guys!
Post a Comment