8.04.2009

Home Improvements: Part One

We got new doors back in April, but we just got around to painting them this weekend... (3 months?) That's actually pretty good time frame considering my husband just finished his masters and is serving in the Bishopric... Life is crazy, esp on the weekends... but this weekend (and the past) were real solid work days around the house... it's nice to finally get some things done!
Prepare yourself to be amazed...

Front Door BEFORE:

Front Door AFTER:
Back Door BEFORE: (scary...) Oo, and Love that Dogie door hack job!
Back Door AFTER:
Notice the Key pad! Punch in the code and it unlocks the door... We are so glad we spent the extra money to get this. LOVE IT!
Garage Door Before:
I love the look of this old door ...but the wood door and frame warped in the hot and cold weather...leaving it hard to open and close.
Garage Door AFTER: (I don't have a picture of it, because it's not painted yet... but looks just like back door minus the dogie door! it even has a cool key pad too!)
Front of the House: 2007
(aww. look how little Caitlin and Will were!)
Front of the House: 2009

We were thrilled when we pulled off the the old facia (white trim/border right below the roof of the house...) to find the original facia with a cute little grove in it... it was green and needed some serious love... So, we (Justin) sanded, fixed a few spots and painted it white!! Dolls up the house real cute... I think!

We still have a lot more up our sleeves... like replacing the white mettle thing on the porch (holding up the roof) with a round or square beam thing... and more plants. And some new rain gutters... and perhaps painting the brick... like a 'cape cod gray color'... but all this would come after we put on a new roof! It needs it badly!

PANTRY BEFORE:

Yikes, these random drawers in this closet were really hard to open and were taking up TOO much space to be functional... So, out they came!

It doesn't look much better... but it's function has improved greatly.

SAND BOX:

Justin made some stilts for the sand box cover... we also got more sand! We planted some grass seed on the dirt patch in front of the sand box this week too! :) Will and Caitlin enjoy watching the 'baby grass' grow!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Your house looks great! I love the black door and shutters. (I think just about every house should have shutters. It is such a "homey" look.)

How long has Justin been in the bishopric. That doesn't really surprise me that he is, I just wonder why I didn't realize it before.

Cherry Blossoms said...

We love love love love love love love all of the revisions you guys have made! Great job you two!

Love,
The Smiths

Megan Ford said...

The home improvement looks great. Trever's (my hubby) company specializes in rain gutter, but do roofs, soffit and faccia, amongst many other things. Trever can do it on the side for a discounted price...if you wanted. Let us know. The company is Ace Gutter in the phone book, or you can contact me.

Good luck

Lisa said...

yoy guys have done such a great job. i love the doors!! i didn't know justin was in the bishopric. you guys must be busy, busy, busy!

Sunshine Promises said...

You guys have done a great job. Your house is so adorable. When can we see it in person?

Sure love y'all!

Adrianne said...

wow! way to go! The doors look great! I love home improvement projects!!

emily said...

I love it! I can't wait to have a house of my own :)

Beach Hendersons said...

The house looks great. I love love the doors. I love key pad locks. They are so easy. Especially when the kids fall asleep in the car and you have to carry them, bags and search for the front door key....not anymore....Hooray for you.